Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Gamekeeper Shoots Short-eared Owls

There's nothing much to add to the video below. Watch and see if your blood boils.

 

For this outrageous and despicable crime the derisory “punishment” handed out by the court is equally outrageous. The perpetrator Tim Cowin was fined £400 for killing each owl and £200 for possessing a calling device, which was forfeited by the court. He was ordered to pay £170 costs and a £40 victim surcharge. A total of £1,210.

This kind of cruelty and disregard for our wildlife will continue until proper sentences are imposed and landowners become liable for crimes committed on their land.   

Read more at: RSPB Investigations.

Back soon with more pleasing news.

6 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I don’t know what more you can say about this despicable stuff. Not only does it make me very angry, it makes me very sad; sad that there are still people who are willing to treat wildlife in this way, and sad that the punishment is so minimal. I am quite amazed that in addition to the paltry fines a prohibition on ever owning a weapon again is not imposed on this individual. I don’t know whether tourist boycotts on the area would be effective, perhaps if there was an economic hit on the community at large more local people would protest against this obscene cruelty. The RSPB officers are to be congratulated for their dogged determination in following this individual and involving the police. Now, if only the courts would treat it seriously..............

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh no and Oh dear … a mixture of anger and sadness.

Looking forward to more pleasing news on your next post!

All the best Jan

Rhodesia said...

That is murder and deserves a life sentence! It just makes me so angry that people can do something like this and get away with it. Diane

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Angry and also sad but what I cannnot undstand is what did that man get out of doing this terrible thing. There is just NO sense in it at all. I ecko david's comments.

Joyful said...

He should be locked up and not allowed to own or possess any more guns.

Angie said...

I couldn't watch it anymore once they started digging the owls out of the walls … it just makes me sick. How could someone STAMP on such a beautiful creature. I just don't understand it. And I agree that the punishment is not nearly severe enough - I doubt Mr. Cowin will be much discouraged by this fine … so depressing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails