Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Lost And Found

There’s not much from me or Pilling today, and with the tide well out, just the steady stuff again for a couple of hours graft and an invigorating walk along you know where.

There’s now 2 Goldeneye and 2 Tufted Duck on Lane Ends pool, no flashy drakes, just the dowdy brown things to pick out amongst the Mallards. Lane Ends to Pilling Water and Fluke Hall gave me 13 Little Egret, 27 Whooper Swan, 1 Black Swan, 1 Peregrine, 7 Meadow Pipit, 11 Linnet, 4 Skylark and 3 Barnacle Goose. I’m fairly sure someone lost the Barnacles, they don’t seem very wild.

Goldeneye

Barnacle Goose

Whooper Swan

I lost a glove somewhere past Pilling Water, but found instead 2 Green Sandpipers, 1 Buzzard, 1 Kestrel, 300+ Woodpigeon, 475 Jackdaw, 600+ Teal, 1500 Lapwing, 15 Shelduck and 11 Redshank.

I’ll just have to go back soon and look for that glove, maybe I’ll find some new birds soon?

3 comments:

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Oh I do long to view Whooper Swans one day in person, how beautiful they are Phil~

Paco Sales said...

Bueno Phil, espero que puedas recuperar el guante, aunque seguramente será más difícil recuperarlo que avistar nuevas aves. Que tengas un buen día y un abrazo amigo

eileeninmd said...

Looks like a wonderful day seeing some great ducks and birds. The photos are wonderful. The Goldeneye is my favorite.

Related Posts with Thumbnails