Monday, May 12, 2014

Are You Home Yet?

Sorry, but Sue and I are still in Menorca so I'll catch up with fellow bloggers just as soon as I can.

Here are more birds and scenes from Menorca with just a few words from me. 

The breeding season is in full swing here.

Stonechat

Punta Nati- Menorca

There's a colony of Cattle Egrets next to the road for Punta Nati.

Cattle Egret

Five minutes later we're shopping in the beautiful and historic city of Ciutadella.

Ciutadella - Menorca

Menorcan Sweeties

Spotted Flycatchers come through in droves in early May.

Spotted Flycatcher

So do Woodchat Shrikes, although some stay here to breed.

Woodchat Shrike

Alaior street - Menorca

Another Bird Blog will be back in a day or two with more Menorca. 

I hope everyone is enjoying the pictures of Menorca as much as we are enjoying the holiday.

8 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am very encouraged to see your photograph of Spotted Flycatcher, Phil. I remember years ago when I used to visit Britain it seemed as though I could visit any village graveyard and find them flycatching from atop the tombstones. On my last two visits, at a time of the year when they should be present, I have been unable to find even one.

eileeninmd said...

Phil, I have been enjoying your trip! Looks like a lovely place to visit and the birds are great..Have a happy week!

Unknown said...

Lovely photos! the sunshine looks wonderful. It's been raining here...

Russell Jenkins said...

Some nice sky and great birds. Like that stonechat shrike. You're getting some nice pics in between that shopping.

Isidro Ortiz said...

Buena captura de la Tarabilla con presa incluida.Un abrazo

Mary Howell Cromer said...

GORGEOUS, Phil your bird images, every single one of them are so crisp and clear, wonderful and the city images, should be on a tour guide. Now I have a question...where are all of the people in your journey shares...how much to you offer people to clear the streets ;) Wonderful share as always. Have fun you all

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your holiday Phil and your shots always delivers. :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Loving the pictures and as a bonus I have learned where Menorca is ... read a couple of articles besides yours, all proving one is never too old to learn something new. Nor too old to envy your wonderful trip ;>)! Really, thanks for sharing it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails